Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Ice Cream Dairy Free, Paleo Approved

I love this time of year! Well moreso around Thanksgiving, but its time for 'pumpkin anything'
All of a sudden I felt like Pumpkin ice cream, but wanted a dairy-free 'healthy version' I adapted to use what ingredients I had on hand and I always keep a frozen drum for my ice cream maker in the freezer which seems ironic as I've only used it....3 times. 2 times before this.

Ingredients:
**Double ingredients for full recipe

1 canned Coconut Milk
1/2 can Approx 7.5 oz pumpkin purée
2 egg yolks ( organic is best) we get ours from a family friend
1/2- 3/4 c. Maple syrup or sweetener of your choosing
3/4 tsp. cinnamon or as much to your taste
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
1/2 tsp ground cloves (optional) I decided not to use
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp sea salt

Directions: Add all ingredients together & whisk or blend til fully incorporated & pour into frozen drum of maker. I have 2 so I always have one in freezer ready to use.
The mixer should only need to run 15-20 minutes if that, as this is a halved recipe option. Just check on the consistency til frozen & then pour into air tight containers & freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment