Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Roll ups

Tonite after a wonderful facial at April Rose Skincare, I came home with already knowing what I was going to make; Due to my planning ahead on early Monday morning. What works for me is that I print out all the recipes for the week, plus the grocery shopping list of what I still need and attach- all week I can refer to the shopping list if I left anything off, as well as have the recipes at hand.
There ended up being so many rolls, I invited our dear friend Ivan to dinner. We haven't seen him almost 6 weeks! He was one of the guests to attend our wedding and is also one of the main contractors on our house... More about that to follow.



Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Adapted from Sporadic Cook

Ingredients:
  • 9-11 Lasagna noodles
  • 10 oz cooked spinach
  • 15 oz fat free/or low fat ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • salt and pepper
  • 32 oz tomato sauce ( I use Ragu; sauteed onion and garlic)
  • 9 tbsp ( about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 2-3 garlic cloves minced ( optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine spinach, ricotta, parmesan, garlic, egg, salt and pepper in medium bowl.


Using a hand held immersion blender, give a few quick pulses to fully incorporate the ingredients.
Ladle some of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish.

Place a long piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles, best to do right after cooking, otherwise they stick together. Make sure noodles are dry. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over noodles. Roll carefully and place seem side down onto the baking dish.

Ladle sauce over the noodle rolls and top each with mozzarella cheese.

Cover with foil and cook for approximately 25 minutes.

Then uncover and continue to cook for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese melts and is lightly browned.

To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.
We also enjoyed with a spinach salad with Kats dressing ( recipe to come) and Pugliese french bread- the best dinner french bread! And at Nob Hill it is fresh out of the oven at 4pm- very European style.
Oh how I miss France and Italy! :-)
Hope you enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Another yummy looking recipe! I love my immersion blender - I used it to make almost all of Adam's baby food!

    ReplyDelete