Today was the final, and I'm thinking I Rocked it, but don't want to give myself false hope.- Hopefully by next week, grades will be posted.
So anywho, on to something much more exciting- Food, what else?! and the fact that my cutting board got delivered yesterday just in time for dinner. Woo Hoo! Check it out!
These kabobs/skewers were super fast easy and yummy! Plus I've been on a Apricot kick lately- Ill take them anyway I can get them, dried, grilled, candied, in ice cream, and I just may have another apricot recipe coming up shortly. For my Paleo friends- this one is up your alley!
Chicken ( what else, coming out of my kitchen)
I only started marinating the chicken in the morning for that evening and it was enough time, but the longer you marinate, the better the taste.
- In a large bowl or large tupperware container, add all of your ingredients except for the chicken and apricots. Whisk together.
- Chop or cut chicken into pieces and place in bowl. Mix to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for minimum of 2+ hours. Preferably a day ahead.
- Once the chicken has marinated, take out of fridge to settle to room temperature. For about 20 minutes. Load up the skewers with the chicken, apricots, and perhaps add some pineapple, onion and red bell peppers for a full course dinner on a stick!
- Fire up the grill We have a Traeger wood pellet burning barbeque and that thing is Amazing!
- Place kabobs on grill. Turn after about 3 minutes and let cook for another 3 minutes, or until cooked through. (Time on the grill will differ depending on the size of the pieces, how many you do and the type of grill you have)
And Voila! a Meal on a Stick, or over salad with rice. I also grilled some asparagus spears coated with a little coconut oil and sprinkle of Kosher Salt.
Note: I topped with a bit of Red Pepper Apricot Chutney